Sunday, December 27, 2009

July Movies

And on...

Public Enemies: Michael Mann directing Johnny Depp as John Dillinger? Sounds like a can't miss proposition. It wasn't. Partially redeemed by the radiant Marion Cotillard and the amazing Ford Tri-Motor  plane. 

BrĂ¼no: Sacha Baron Cohen has a brilliant mind, impeccable comedic timing, and balls as big as watermelons. This time around Cohen set out to satirize homophobia the way he targeted racism in "Borat". The disappointing showing at the box office may have proved that hatred of gays is more prevalent than racial bias. A shame, too, as this was a hilarious film. John Waters should look upon this movie like a proud parent.

Orphan: I saw this movie only because I learned what the surprise twist ending was, and I didn't believe anyone would so something so ridiculous. I was wrong. I was really sad to realize I was the only person in the cinema who was laughing.

Next: August, and the two movies that made the biggest impression on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment